- http://topparanormalsites.com , site currently lists 404 top paranormal websites.
Resources on Permaculture:
- http://www.vergepermaculture.ca – Permaculture for Professionals, Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- http://www.endoriot.com – Start a Revolution in Your MindPermaculture is a branch of ecological design, ecological engineering, and environmental design which develops sustainable architecture and self-maintained agricultural systems modeled from natural ecosystems.The core tenets of permaculture are:
- Care of the earth: Provision for all life systems to continue and multiply. This is the first principle, because without a healthy earth, humans cannot flourish.
- Care of the people: Provision for people to access those resources necessary for their existence.
- Return of Surplus: Reinvesting surpluses back into the system to provide for the first two ethics. This includes returning waste back into the system to recycle into usefulness. 
Permaculture design emphasizes patterns of landscape, function, and species assemblies. It asks the question, “Where does this element go? How can it be placed for the maximum benefit of the system?” To answer this question, the central concept of permaculture is maximizing useful connections between components and synergy of the final design. The focus of permaculture, therefore, is not on each separate element, but rather on the relationships created among elements by the way they are placed together; the whole becoming greater than the sum of its parts. Permaculture design therefore seeks to minimize waste, human labor, and energy input by building systems with maximal benefits between design elements to achieve a high level of synergy. Permaculture designs evolve over time by taking into account these relationships and elements and can become extremely complex systems that produce a high density of food and materials with minimal input.
The design principles which are the conceptual foundation of permaculture were derived from the science of systems ecology and study of pre-industrial examples of sustainable land use. Permaculture draws from several disciplines including organic farming, agroforestry, integrated farming, sustainable development, and applied ecology. Permaculture has been applied most commonly to the design of housing and landscaping, integrating techniques such as agroforestry, natural building, and rainwater harvesting within the context of permaculture design principles and theory.
Read more at:
List of permaculture sites:
http://permacultureglobal.com/ – A shiny new and rapidly growing interactive database that’s showcasing the exciting, solutions-based work being implemented by permaculture projects and practitioners worldwide. If you’re getting depressed watching current events, this is the site to reinvigorate the mind with real, lasting, holistic solutions for all the problems humanity currently faces. Have a look around, be inspired, and if you’re a permaculture practitioner, be sure to register and upload your profile, add your project(s), and network with others to share inspiration, resources and support, and to advertise your services for a brave new economy.
Find permaculture projects:
Wikipedia list of permaculture projects:
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/ – Our purpose is to supply information that enables people everywhere to provide for their own & their communities’ needs for food, energy, shelter, & a decent life without exploitation or pollution & from the smallest practical area of land.
Another list of permaculture projects:
http://www.environment.gen.tr/permaculture/149-list-of-permaculture-projects.html – In the years since its conception, permaculture has become a successful approach to designing sustainable systems. Its adaptability and emphasis on meeting human needs means that it can be utilized in every climatic and cultural zone. However, at the moment the large proportion of practitioners are only likely to be inspired individuals and there is a distinct lack of broadscale permaculture projects. Nevertheless, permaculture has also been used successfully as a development tool to help meet the needs of indigenous communities facing degraded standards of living from development of land and the introduction of industrialized food.
http://www.permaculture.net/ – Permaculture.Net has been helping facilitate all things Permaculture for over 10 years. Explore Permaculture courses and internships being offered worldwide. Network with others in our forum. And check out our extensive website resource list.
http://www.permaculture.net/resource_list/ – list of permaculture resources
http://www.umassdining.com/sustainability/permaculture – The UMass Permaculture Initiative is a unique and cutting-edge sustainability program that converts underused grass lawns on the campus into edible, low-maintenance, and easily replicable gardens. This initiative was created by students and then adopted and funded by our administration in 2010. Students and permaculture staff work together along with UMass Dining Services, the Campus Sustainability Initiative, and many other departments to demonstrate the vision of what a sustainable community and world can look like.
http://permaculturenews.org/ – Permacultrue news network
http://www.permaculture.org/ – Permaculture Institute
The following is a Farm Wars list of seed companies that provide organic and heirloom seed varieties.
Read more at http://farmwars.info/?p=8158
- Horizon Herbs http://www.horizonherbs.com – Our greatest joy is to provide you with GOOD LIVE SEEDS. We consider you to be our “virtual neighbor,” and strive to treat you like a good neighbor should. The seeds that pass between us are energised with the LIFE FORCE. The positive nature of this energy helps us promote the plants that serve us so selflessly. We invite you to walk with us on this beautiful path of EARTH HEALING.We believe that the best way to support good health of friends and family is to get everybody out into the garden to do some work in the sunshine, then feed them up on fresh salads and vegetables that are the results of their own good labors. Positive work in the out-of-doors helps keep our bodies fit, frees our minds, helps us sleep well at night, promotes happiness and serves mother nature.
- Seed Site http://www.seedsite.eu – All my seeds are harvested by hand from plants grown organically. The seeds are packed in plastic zip-loc bags and labelled with their botanical name, sowing instructions and expiration date. After that date seeds might be still viable, but less. It’s important to store the seeds in a dark, cool and dry place. If you don’t have too many seeds the fridge is ideal for that. Keep the seeds in well closed pots or plastic containers to avoid moist and vermin.
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds http://rareseeds.com – Jere Gettle always had a passion for growing things, and at age 3 he planted his first garden. Ever since that day, he wanted to be involved in the seed industry. So at the age of 17, he printed the first small Baker Creek Heirloom Seed catalog in 1998. The company has grown to offer 1450 varieties of vegetables, flowers and herbs—the largest selection of heirloom varieties in the U.S.A.
- Amishland Heirloom Seeds http://amishlandseeds.com –
Welcome fellow home gardeners! I am a single woman who created this website, Amishland Heirloom Seeds about 8 years ago in order to share with you my heirloom, heritage, exotic and foreign organically raised seeds. All of my seeds come from my very own plants. I NEVER sell or will sell anyone else’s seed, only my very own hand grown, hand selected seed. I have been growing my own organically raised seeds in this new farmette for a little over one year.In previous years I was growing out my seeds organically at my previous home and several other nearby locations as I did not have enough land for all in one place.
- Hudson Valley Seed Library http://www.seedlibrary.org – The Seed Library grew out of a germ of an idea at a small town library in the Hudson Valley region of upstate New York. Over the past nine years, the idea has grown and blossomed into an online seed library focused on the Northeast and a full seed catalog for all gardeners. Today, the Seed Library has its own seed farm where open-pollinated seeds are grown, saved, and packed by hand. There are close to one thousand seed library members and thousands more buy our unique Art Packs and heirloom seeds every year. Seed Library gardeners can feel good about thier seeds because we care as much as you do about preserving genetic diversity and saving seed stories.
- D. Landreth Seed Company http://www.landrethseeds.com – Since 1784, the D. Landreth Seed Company has been providing its customers with one of the most extensive selections of fine lawn and garden seeds in the world. Our founders introduced into the United States some of the most beloved flowers and vegetables known today including the Zinnia, the white potato, various tomatoes, and our own Bloomsdale Spinach. We have become the oldest seed house in America because we are passionate in our quest for excellence in quality, service and innovation.
- Seeds Trust http://www.seedstrust.com – I am pleased to announce Seed Trust’s new Colorado-based growers, Penn and Cord Parmenter, from Westcliffe, Co, in the heart of the beautiful Wet Mountain Valley. They grow food and seed on their 43-acre ranch at 8,120 ft. in the Wet Mountains. They garden Bio-intensively, a method that results in more food using less water in less space. Adapting seed to the mountains helps all mountain gardeners succeed, as the seed learns its environment and carries that information into the next generation.
- High Mowing Organic Seeds http://highmowingseeds.com – High Mowing Organic Seeds began in 1996 with just 28 varieties. After tilling up a portion of his backyard and turning his shed into a seed packing area, founder Tom Stearns had no trouble selling the seed he grew that first year. Suddenly, what had started as a hobby became a practical business pursuit, as Tom realized the growing and unmet demand for organic seed. This demand allowed Tom to expand the business beyond his backyard, renting parcels of land to produce the seed he was selling through a hand-made catalog. By 2001, business had grown to such an extent that Tom began to contract with other local farms to grow seed, in addition to continuing to produce seed himself on High Mowing’s own 5 acres.
- Uprising Seeds http://uprisingorganics.com – Sharing this good, hard work with you is our passion and commitment as well as something we see as vital. As the seed community continues to change with more and more seed companies and varieties owned by a few, and the threat of GMO seed contamination looms, it is even more important to grow these seeds, pass them along to others, and learn from all those around us who carry a wealth of sustained knowledge. For sure seeds are ever changing, relevant to time and place with stories to tell, yet seeds in the hands of common people is something we believe should never change. This is why we bring you the best open-pollinated varieties that we’ve grown to love over the years. Grow them, save them, eat the fruits of your labour and share what you have and know. Each voice is another to be counted in this joyous uprising!
- Wood Prairie Farm http://woodprairie.com
-Greetings and welcome to our new Catalog. For those of you who are new to WoodPrairie Farm, we welcome you. By way of introduction, we are a small Certified Organic family farm in the State of Maine that market our products, and those of a number of other Certified Organic farmers that we know and trust, directly to our customers through our print catalog and this webstore. Our modest scale allows us to focus on producing high quality organic goods for you and your family. We tend to your needs with great care. We know that its your business and goodwill that keeps us in business and for that we are grateful. So let us be part of your kitchen and your garden, by supplying you with good food and good seed.
- Organica Seed http://www.organicaseed.com – We provide fellow gardeners with heirloom soil friendly untreated vegetable and herb seed. Our wonderful Organica Seeds are also fresh making them perfect for seed saving and soil health.
All of our seed packets are filled by hand as our customer orders come in. This insures freshness and personal attention by our staff. This joining of healthy seeds and friendly service is at the heart of our seed business.
The untreated healthy seeds we provide for you and your family come from many trusted seed growers and farms. When you purchase these wonderful seeds many dedicated family farms benefit from your generosity and thoughtfulness!
- Southern Exposure Seed Exchange http://www.southernexposure.com – Southern Exposure Seed Exchange offers more than 700 varieties of vegetable, flower, herb, grain and cover crop seeds. We emphasize varieties that perform well in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, although gardeners and farmers from all over the country grow our seeds. We offer many unusual, Southern heirlooms, including peanuts, southern peas, naturally colored cotton, collards, okra, roselle, turnip greens, corns for roasting and meal, and butterbeans. However, we serve gardeners throughout the United States and Canada. We do not sell chemically treated seeds. Read in our resource library about why we specialize in heirloom seeds and primarily offer open-pollinated (non-hybrid) seeds.
- Fedco Seeds http://www.fedcoseeds.com -WELCOME, Fedco provides cold-hardy varieties shipped in season, and gardening supplies year-round.
- Family Farmers Seed Cooperative http://www.organicseedcoop.com – The Family Farmer Seed Cooperative (FFSC) is a farmer-owned cooperative that produces high quality, organic, open-pollinated, public domain seeds for farmers. FFSC took root in 2008, when eight experienced organic seed farmers from Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington and North Dakota formed a cooperative, seeking to protect seed sovereignty and the supply of organic, open pollinated, public domain seeds in the face of growing consolidation and homogenization in the seed industry. We now have 13 members, recently adding farms from Nebraska and Oregon, and soon to be expanding into California and Idaho. (See FFSC Membership if you are an interested seed grower.)We’re skilled, seasoned organic produce and seed growers who specialize in diverse vegetable crops and are located in several distinct bioregions in the US. This diversity strengthens our ability to offer a wide range of crops that are adaptive to many soils and climates, including multiple varieties of beans, corn, greens, lettuce, melons, root vegetables, soybeans, squash (winter and summer), tomatoes and garlic.
- White Harvest Seed Company http://whiteharvestseed.com – The southern Missouri Ozarks is home to us. The Lord lead our family to these foothills and since then our hearts have never left. For a long time, we were ignorant of the blessings of growing our own food. We let the world’s cunning conveniences attempt to supply what we needed.Naturally, in the end, it left much to be desired.The taste, quality, and downright worth of store-bought food does not compare to any homegrown harvest. With each season, we’ve been learning that a little more. Upon our hilltop, we farm and garden on a daily basis. And like most folks, we’ve found that there ain’t ever enough time in the day. We love what we do, however, and consider ourselves blessed to – not only live here – but work here as well.
- Heirloom Organics http://www.non-hybrid-seeds.com – Heirloom Organics Non-Hybrid Seed Packs are the sustainable gardening choice of home, homestead and professional gardeners throughout North America. Whether you are in the city, suburbs or country, Heirloom Organics Seed Packs are designed with your specific space, light and nutritional needs in mind.The Seed Vault is for emergency backup and 1 or 2-person use. The Family Pack is for larger family yards and seed storage. The Homestead and Farm Packs are for large properties, groups and investment-grade seed purchase. The Specialty Packs cover a wide variety of specialty needs.
- Seed for Security http://www.seedforsecurity.com – Because my business is small and home based I am able to pay attention to minute details. Many of Seed for Security seeds are grown on my farm. You can not get fresher than that! I harvest, dry and hand pack my seeds. Great care goes into selecting the varieties of seed that I sell. I offer vegetable seeds that will provide protein and calories for any survival situation. All of my seeds are open-pollinated and NON GMO. I regularly do germination tests with excellent results.
- The Living Seed Company http://www.livingseedcompany.com – Because my business is small and home based I am able to pay attention to minute details. Many of Seed for Security seeds are grown on my farm. You can not get fresher than that! I harvest, dry and hand pack my seeds. Great care goes into selecting the varieties of seed that I sell. I offer vegetable seeds that will provide protein and calories for any survival situation. All of my seeds are open-pollinated and NON GMO. I regularly do germination tests with excellent results.
- Sow True Seed http://www.sowtrueseed.com – Welcome to Sow True Seed, specializing in open-pollinated, non-hybrid and GMO-free vegetable, herb, flower and cover crop seed as well as seasonal plant starts, sweet potato slips, asparagus crowns, seed potatoes and garlic from our retail store and seed warehouse in Asheville, North Carolina.Guided by a rich tradition of ecological wisdom and preservation practiced daily in the mountains of Western North Carolina, we feature heirloom, certified organic, traditional, and Southern Appalachia favorites. We grow and source over 500 varieties of untreated seeds that remain true to type when saved and replanted
- Adaptive Seeds http://www.adaptiveseeds.com – We grow and steward rare, diverse and resilient seed varieties and distribute these to other ecologically minded farmers, gardeners and seed savers. Most of our seed is adapted to the Pacific Northwest and short season northern climates. All of our seed is grown by us and a few local friends who act as our isolation gardens. We strictly sell only public domain, open-pollinated (OP) seed, and some diverse genepool mixes. NONE of our seeds are proprietary hybrids (F1), patented (PVP) or genetically modified (GMO) and all of our seed is grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides.
- Seeds Now http://www.seedsnow.com – Grow Organic with 100% Fresh Heirloom NON-Genetically Modified (NON-GMO) Seeds
- Livingston Seed http://livingstonseed.info – Livingston Seed is a wholesale company, selling only to the trade. We have done the research to find out what our consumers are looking for in a seed company. Our packets are designed to fill these needs. Each packet showcases beautiful photographs shot in our own trial garden. Every packet contains easy to read, helpful information. This year we have introduced over 20 new varieties to our collection, all aimed at increasing your sales. Each packet offers the same high quality seed for the same amazing value that Livingston Seed is known for!
- Sustainable Seed Co. http://sustainableseedco.com – John Fendley, a.k.a. Farmer John, compiled for L.A. at Home a list of the top heirloom seeds that Southern California gardeners are ordering this season through his Sustainable Seed Co.Fendley, whose company is based near the Mendocino National Forest, was motivated to collect old varieties after he noticed that the number of broccoli seeds in the nonprofit Seed Savers Exchange catalog dropped from about 80 types in the 1980s to only four or five in 2003.
- Grow Organic http://groworganic.com – Our Mission: Grow Organic… For a healthy and safe food supply, For a clean and sustainable environment, For an enjoyable and rewarding experience… For Life!
- Victory Seeds http://www.victoryseeds.com – Victory Seed Company is a small, family owned and operated organization that works to preserve plant varieties by locating, growing, documenting and offering heirloom and rare open-pollinated seeds to home gardeners. We grow seeds on our farm and help to support other seed farmers by purchasing from our network of growers.Keeping focused on our original charter of working to preserve heirloom (heritage) seeds as well as horticultural history, we look forward to expanding our efforts and offerings to home gardeners in the years to come. Our heirloom seed variety preservation work is supported by sales from this web site as well as from private donations.
- Botanical Interests http://www.botanicalinterests.com – At Botanical Interests our goal is to inspire and educate the gardener in you. That is why, since 1995 we have been supplying gardeners with the highest quality seed in the most beautiful and informative seed packets on the market. Curtis and Judy started Botanical Interests because they believed that gardeners were not getting the information they needed from their seed packets. Their desire for more information along with their passion for spreading gardening wisdom led them to create a unique seed packet that is not only beautiful, but is also filled with facts, tips, recipes and quality seed.
- The Ark Institute http://arkinstitute.com – We at The Ark Institute believe that true, global sustainability begins with local, personal sustainability and self-reliance. We have spent our last 15+ years dedicated to that one principle, and we continue today with the same passion as when we first uncovered the patents for the “Terminator Gene” and the “Traitor Gene” in the mid 1990’s.If true sustainability and self-reliance is what you seek, The Ark Institute is here to help. We offer only the cleanest 100% non-hybrid, non-GMO, chemical free produce seed, to allow you to plant your own gardens, feed your families and friends, and then harvest your seed to save for use the following planting season. By growing your own food at home or at a community co-op garden, you can further ensure your produce is chemical free, and as organic as you want it to be, all for a fraction of the cost of store-bought produce.
- My Patriot Supply http://mypatriotsupply.com – The My Patriot Supply’s survival store was founded in 2008 by people with a passion for self-sufficiency and emergency preparedness. We not only understand the drive to practice emergency preparedness, we are active participants in the survivalist lifestyle. We earnestly believe that true freedom comes from attaining a certain level of self-reliance and our survival store was created with this truth in mind.
- Underwood Gardens http://www.underwoodgardens.com – We are a family owned independent heirloom seed company offering the finest untreated heirloom vegetable, herb and flower seeds for home gardeners and small growers. We offer heirloom and open pollinated seeds, soil building and seed saving education combined with personal service, great selection and fast shipping. Our philosophy is “From the soil to the seed to the food you eat.”We welcome you to a most unique seed company. We do much more than just sell seeds, as you will soon see!We are constantly reading, researching and digging out proven, unique, non-mainstream approaches, techniques and technologies that, for the most part, cannot be found elsewhere. Some of these are ancient, some are just old and others are the cutting edge of the most modern technology and science. We analyze, question, test and use these approaches to find out where they fit into a cohesive, comprehensive and holistic approach to gardening and human scale agriculture.
- Heirloom Seeds http://www.heirloomseeds.com – * All the varieties of seeds we sell are open pollinated (non-hybrid) and untreated.
* None of the seeds we sell are genetically engineered. ALL NON-GMO.
* Selection of gardening books for the beginner or experienced gardener.
* A variety of garden supplies and non-toxic products for insect control.
* Quality seeds at low prices.
- Wild Garden Seed http://www.wildgardenseed.com – We are an organic seed and vegetable farm in the Pacific Northwest. We produce farm-original varieties of many salad greens, vegetables, herbs and a few flowers.All of our seed is Organically Grown at Gathering Together Farm along the winding Marys River on the edge of Philomath, Oregon. All of this seed is open pollinated, untreated, germ and vigor tested in living soil mix, and well cleaned. These varieties have proven themselves popular and profitable in farmer’s markets locally and in fine restaurants on both coasts. Many of these same seeds are for sale in the other catalogs that we supply, but this is the only source for the entire commercial collection of Wild Garden Seed from Gathering Together Farm, organically certified since 1987.
more organic seed companies:
- Jonny’s Seeds http://www.johnnyseeds.com – Our mission is to help families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.We are an employee-owned seed producer and merchant headquartered in Winslow, Maine, USA. Johnny’s was founded in 1973 by our Chairman, Rob Johnston, Jr. All of us at Johnny’s are committed to helping growers and gardeners succeed.
- Burpee Seeds http://www.burpee.com – Burpee plants are grown under optimal conditions using state-of-the-art growing techniques. Now shipping for planting in your area.
- Territorial Seeds http://www.territorialseed.com – Territorial Seed Company is a privately held company, wholly owned by Tom and Julie Johns. Purchased in 1985 from its founder Steve Solomon, Tom and Julie have grown the business substantially over the past 26 years but have never strayed far from the original course set by Steve.The first Territorial Seed catalog was written in the fall of 1979. Running a regional seed company responsibly meant sifting through the thousands of varieties available from a worldwide market to find the highest-quality, best-adapted ones, so Steve grew a serious trial ground in both summer and winter, consisting basically of comparison plots. The garden had clay soil with less than a gallon of water per minute from the well.
- Park Seeds http://parkseed.com – One of America’s oldest and largest mail-order seed and plant companies, the Geo. W. Park Seed Company, was founded in 1868 by 15-year-old George W. Park in Libonia, Pennsylvania. Deciding to sell seeds he had harvested from his backyard garden, young George bought a hand press and printed a list of the seeds that he wanted to sell. In addition to circulating this list to friends and neighbors, he also bought an advertisement in The Rural American for $3.50. The ad resulted in $6.50 in seed orders. With this success, George Wyatt Park found his life’s work!
- Seed Savers Exchange http://www.seedsavers.org – Seed Savers Exchange is a non-profit organization dedicated to saving and sharing heirloom seeds. Since 1975, our members have been passing on our garden heritage by collecting and distributing thousands of samples of rare garden seeds to other gardeners. Seed Savers Exchange is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), member supported organization that saves and shares the heirloom seeds of our garden heritage, forming a living legacy that can be passed down through generations. Our mission is to conserve and promote America’s culturally diverse but endangered food crop heritage for future generations by collecting, growing, and sharing heirloom seeds and plants. At the heart of Seed Savers Exchange are the dedicated members who have distributed hundreds of thousands of heirloom and open pollinated garden seeds since our founding over 37 years ago. Those seeds now are widely used by seed companies, small farmers supplying local and regional markets, chefs and home gardeners and cooks, alike.Lists:http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/The-Worlds-Top-10-Spirituality-Websiteshttp://tatfoundation.org/best_spiritual_sites.htm
List of Lists of Math Resources:
Ancient and Folk Religions
– Please enter the award-winning internet encyclopedia of mythology, folklore, and religion. Here you will find everything from A-gskw to Zveda Vechanyaya, with plenty in between.
The mythology section is divided to six geographical regions: Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, and Oceania. Each region has many clearly defined subdivisions that will ease your search.
The Folklore section contains general folklore, Arthurian legends, and fascinating folktales from many lands.
In addition, we feature special interest areas to enhance and refine your research. A Bestiary, legendary heroes, an image gallery, and genealogical tables of various pantheons and prominent houses.
To bring our entities to life, we have created an image gallery, where you will find hundreds of images of all kinds of deities, heroes, and strange creatures of every description.
The encyclopedia will serve the serious researcher, the student, and the casual reader with equal success. Come in and enjoy!
Native American Nations
– Your Source for Indian Research
These pages are designed to provide the reader with the best possible American Indian information for personal research, tribal histories, census and rolls. We have many pages of our own from books, microfilm and research. Enjoy yourself and come back often!! Be sure to check the list on the left for other new items to the website.
– This website serves as a common meeting place for all who are inspired by the Greco-Egyptian culture inaugurated by the Ptolemies
– Nova Roma is dedicated to the study and restoration of ancient Roman culture. From its founding to 330 CE, when it ceased to be the center of Imperial authority, Rome laid the foundation for our modern Western civilization. Founded 2,750 years after the Eternal City itself, Nova Roma seeks to bring back those golden times, not through the sword and the legions, however, but through the spread of knowledge and through our own virtuous example.
The modern practice of the religion of the Romans, the Cultus Deorum Romanorum is an attempt to reconstruct the ancient religion of the Romans as closely as possible. The Cultus Deorum Romanorum, cannot be approached by inserting Roman deity names into Greek religion or any other system, for it is a unique product of the culture that created it. It demands steadfastness, devotion to duty and working in harmony with the eternal gods and with universal order, for the benefit not only of ourselves but also the world around us. With right action and attitudes towards the gods, both the State and the individual will prosper. Yet the cultus deorum involves more than pious action and worldly power; there are also mystery traditions which focus on inner spiritual growth.
Powers of Literature
– Powers of Literature is produced by Gary Homer Gutchess, PhD. He welcomes your comments about the site.
From ancient Greek Goëtes (meaning sorcerer, one who raises the dead and cleans out haunted houses), Italian Gucci, Swiss Goetschi, Dutch Goetschius, bad American misspelling Gutchess, Dr. G has taught college English, practiced law, worked in politics, and managed business enterprises in the USA, from most of which he is retired if not forgiven. He holds a PhD in English from the University of Notre Dame.
Access to Insight
– Readings in Theravada Buddhism – Access to Insight is an Internet website dedicated to providing accurate, reliable, and useful information concerning the practice and study of Theravada Buddhism, as it has been handed down to us through both the written word of the Pali canon and the living example of the Sangha
– Download guided meditations free of charge and read quality articles about meditation and healing. Welcome!
– BuddhaNet™ is the result of a vision to link up with the growing world-wide culture of people committed to the Buddha’s teachings and lifestyle, as an on-line cyber sangha. In this way, an ancient tradition and the information superhighway will come together to create an electronic meeting place of shared concern and interests.
BuddhaNet is a not-for-profit organisation affiliated with the Buddha Dharma Education Association Inc, which was first established as a Vipassana Meditation Centre in 1992 in Sydney by an Australian meditation monk Ven. Pannyavaro. BDEA has since evolved as a Buddhist Information and Education Service.
BuddhaNet is a non-sectarian organisation, offering its services to all Buddhist traditions. It aims to facilitate a significant Buddhist presence in the ever-expanding realm of computer communications technology, applying this technology to helping make the Buddha’s teachings freely available to all.
BuddhaNet is administered by Venerable Pannyavaro and Venerable Bodhicitta and a dedicated team of lay volunteers.
– Buddhist Studies
Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition
– The Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition is an international, non-profit organization, founded in 1975 by Lama Thubten Yeshe (1935-84), a Tibetan Buddhist monk. The Foundation is devoted to the transmission of the Mahayana Buddhist tradition and values worldwide through teaching, meditation, and community service.
We provide integrated education through which people’s minds and hearts can be transformed into their highest potential for the benefit of others, inspired by an attitude of universal responsibility. We are committed to creating harmonious environments and helping all beings develop their full potential of infinite wisdom and compassion. Our organization is based on the Buddhist tradition of Lama Tsongkhapa of Tibet as taught to us by our founder Lama Thubten Yeshe and spiritual director Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
– Daniel Ingram’s Web Site
– A Resource for Vajrayana Buddhists – vajradharma, tantra-mantra, rddi-siddhi, karmamudra
– To promote and practise gSowa-rigpa, the Tibetan system of medicine, astronomy and astrology.
To provide accessible health care to people regardless of caste, colour or creed.
To provide free or concessional i.e. subsidised health care to the poor and needy, monks and nuns, all new arrivals from Tibet, and those over the age of Seventy.
To produce Tibetan medicines in an environmentally sensitive manner.
– Offers non-sectarian teachings and develops service programs, and conducts research that enhances clarity, loving presence and mutuality between people. Offers retreats in the US.
SourcePoint Global Outreach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, founded in 2001. Through our outreach projects we serve the welfare and upliftment of our local and global community. SourcePoint Global Outreach offers a variety of humanitarian services. We sponsor our own projects and services and combine our efforts with other international organizations, implementing projects to assist those in need in various countries throughout the world.
Shambhala Publications was born at Ground Zero of the 1960s counterculture: in the back of a bookstore on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley, California. It’s ironic, since our founders’ vision was more trans-cultural than countercultural–the concern being for an enlightened approach to every aspect of life–including culture. It’s a vision that hasn’t changed in more than four decades, as we’ve crossed the continent, and as we’ve grown to discover just how much that original vision can contain.
The Berzin Archives
– The Berzin Archives is a collection of translations and teachings by Dr. Alexander Berzin primarily on the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions of Tibetan Buddhism.
The Vajrayana Research Resource
– It is meant to be a resource for researchers and scholars interested in the Vajrayana tradition. It will also feature information on closely related traditions such as the Natha sampradaya and non-dual Saivism. There will be an archive of digital documents consisting primarily of scholarly articles, dissertations, and (to a limited extent) practice materials.
– Here you will find links to a wide variety of materials about Zen including essays on the history and development of Zen, philosophical studies, critical studies, Zen teachings by various teachers, an extensive selection of writings about Nagarjuna, book reviews of Zen books, and links to interesting Zen sites. There are also some links and writings about non-Zen topics which may be of interest to Zen students.
Trevor Leggett – Literature & Zen Site
– Zen and Meditation particularly in relation to Martial Arts (The Ways)
Books and Publications
Judo and the Martial Arts – Budo- including Training Stories
Shogi – Japanese Chess
Adhyatma Yoga (this has a separate site)
– We are an independent site promoting a balanced approach to the practice of Buddhist meditation as found in the Theravada tradition. We aim to offer resources to help nurture and sustain a fulfilling and effective meditation practice that is consistent with the Buddha’s teachings.
What is vipassana?
In the Pali language of the early Buddhist texts, vipassana means insight. It is often used to describe one of the two main categories of Buddhist meditation (the other being samatha or tranquillity). The term may correctly be applied to any Buddhist meditation technique that aims for a complete understanding of the Three Characteristics – dukkha (suffering or unsatisfactoriness), anicca (impermanence) and anatta (not-Self).
What is Theravada Buddhism?
The southern form of Buddhism now found mainly in Thailand, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar. It is the oldest living tradition and its core teachings are based on the word of the Buddha as found in the earliest texts.
Zen Stories to tell your neighbors
– Zen Stories
Fr. Milovan Katanic
– Again and Again
The weblog of Fr. Milovan Katanic
Holy Transfiguration Monastery
– There are many misconceptions about what monasticism is. It may be worthwhile to begin by saying that Orthodox monasticism is not divided into differing orders, each having its own mission or orientation. Every Orthodox monk and nun has the same vocation: to become like Mary seated at our Saviour’s feet, attending to His words and the one thing needful. Neither is monasticism a preparation for the priesthood, or a step to anything else; it is simply an end in itself, the following of Christ through a life of prayer free of worldly distraction.
There are three basic modes of monastic life followed to achieve this: that of the solitary; that of the “skete”—two or three monks living under the direction of a spiritual guide—and that of the cenobium, or community, living in obedience to an abbot.
Our community follows the cenobitic, communal rule, with elements of a hesychast (solitary) typicon. It was founded in 1961 here in the Boston area by Fr. Panteleimon, a monk of Greek descent, who became a monk on the Holy Mountain of Athos in Greece in the Russian Monastery of Saint Panteleimon. On the Holy Mountain, he also learned much about monasticism under the hesychast fathers of New Skete. Fr. Panteleimon was the last and youngest disciple of the Blessed Elder Joseph the Cave Dweller and it was with Fr. Joseph’s blessings that Fr. Panteleimon undertook the establishment of a monastic community in the United States. After the blessed repose of Fr. Joseph on the Feast of the Dormition of the Mother of God in 1959, his co-struggler Fr. Arsenius became the Elder of the community at New Skete, and hence, also of our fledgling community here. In 1965, Fr. Panteleimon, by the express wishes of Fr. Arsenius, was ordained a priest by a bishop of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, and from that time the small community began an independent existence from the fathers at New Skete, as a metochion of the Athonite Monastery of Saint Paul’s.
A Prayer of Salvation
– At this moment you can pray the most important prayer of your life: The Salvation Prayer. Renew Your Faith in Jesus. Personally designed Prayer of Salvation
– Sister Helen Prejean travels extensively, giving, on average, 120 lectures a year, seeking to ignite public discourse on the death penalty. Her first book, Dead Man Walking, was turned into a film by Tim Robbins. With her second book entitled The Death of Innocents: An Eyewitness Account of Wrongful Executions Sister Helen has broadened the death penalty discourse even further, and she invites you to join the discussion.
This blog is her way of reaching out, enabling people to get in touch with the deep ambivalence within themselves, and to help mainstream America go to a deeper level of reflection.
– The ramblings, rants and musings of an Antiochian Orthodox Christian priest … politics, science, theology, science fiction … it’s all in here!
Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom
– The Becoming Catholic Blog is my mini-journal about everything for those interested in becoming Catholic. It…
Lets you know whenever any new Web pages appear on beginningCatholic.com, helping you learn about something important in the Catholic faith
Tells you about any other postings or news about the Roman Catholic Church
Points out important articles that you might otherwise miss.
Christian Classics Ethereal Library
– Free library of christian classics
Church of the Nativity of Christ
– The Church of the Nativity of Christ is a Russian Orthodox Old Rite parish located in Erie, Pennsylvania. Our parish is a part of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR) and is led by Archpriest Pimen Simon and Priest Theodore Jurewicz under the authority of Bishop Daniel.
We have regular weekly services on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings, as well as on special feasts. Our services are performed mostly in English, although some hymns and prayers remain in Slavonic.
We invite you to explore our new website to learn more about our parish, the Old Rite and Orthodox Christianity. Thank you for visiting us!
Eastern Orthodox Librarian
– Welcome to the Eastern Orthodox Librarian Blog. It’s simple, this Blog is intended to stimulate conversation among people interested in libraries, librarians who are Orthodox Christians, or librarians who work with libraries and institutes that contain collections on Eastern Orthodoxy. Other than that, it is my place to post interesting articles on Eastern Orthodox libraries and educational topics.
– Elder Paisios the New
of Mount Athos.
Father Stephen – Glory to God for All Things
– Glory to God for All Things
Orthodox Christianity, Culture and Religion, Making the Journey of Faith – Knowing God
The Orthodox “experience” if I can use such a phrase, is the confirmation in the heart of the truth we have received as we grow in grace and in purity of heart. But the truth of the faith must be confirmed in such a living manner or it simply becomes an historical item and the Church would be a collection of antiquarians and not the living temple of God. For my knowledge of God is also my life in God. Life, light, truth, knowledge – all of these have something of a synomymous character.
Fr. Amphilochios Makris
Greek Bible with English Dictionary
– Bible in Greek with English Dictionary
– Library of Books, Articles and Links on Hesychasm;
Online Books and Patristic Sources on Hesychasm
HOLY MONASTERY OF BIRTH OF THEOTOKOS
– Our final goal is to offer a great part of every book to our internet readers.
– Christian Blog
Life Without Limbs
It is a great privilege to welcome you to the Life Without Limbs.org website. My name is Nick Vujicic and I’m 25 years old. I was born without arms or legs and given no medical reason for this condition. Faced with countless challenges and obstacles, God has given me the strength to surmount what others might call impossible. Along with that, the Lord has placed within me an unquenchable passion to share this same hope and genuine love that I’ve personally experienced with more than two million people all over the globe.
Wesleyan Confucian Etext Project
– Research in the field of Greek Classics was revolution decade or so ago when the entire classical Greek corpus became available on CD-Rom. Suddenly projects that would have consumed weeks or months of tedious work could be accomplished in minutes or hours. Speed was no guarantee of quality, of course, but there seems little doubt that the ability to conduct computerized searches of important texts was a great boon to the field.
Chinese studies is poised on the verge of a similar revolution. A few classical-era philosophical texts have been available for one or two years,but progress in putting more texts on-line has been slow. With recent improvements in Chinese optical character recognition (OCR) technology, though, and with the possibility of many people working together over the Internet, the time for rapid movement towards digitizing the Chinese philosophical and literary corpus has arrived.
Early Christian Writings
– Early Christian Writings is the most complete collection of documents from the first two centuries with translations and commentary. Includes the New Testament, Apocrypha, Gnostics, and Church Fathers.
The Nazarene Way
– The Esoteric Teachings of Jesus and the Nazarene Essenes.
– The Advaita Vedanta Anusandhana Kendra (Advaita Vedanta Research Center) is dedicated to increasing knowledge of the tenets of Advaita Vedanta–a philosophy and religion based on the Vedas that teaches the non-duality of the individual soul and God–as expressed by its foremost exponent Shankaracharya and the unbroken succession of teachers descended from him.
– Throughout the history of mankind spiritual giants have appeared on very rare occasions to exemplify the Highest Truth. Guiding followers by their conduct in every moment of their lives; Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi was such a giant. Unique in our time, He perfectly embodied the ultimate truth of Self-realisation, or complete absorption in the Supreme Itself.
Those who set out upon this quest are fulfilling the true purpose of life itself. This is not an easy path to follow, but be assured that every step taken in pursuit of Self-realisation, accumulates merit that is carried from birth to birth, until that final step is accomplished. This is the testimony of the Sages and doubt should never be allowed to detract you from your course.
Welcome to arunachala-ramana.org, a non-profit website created for the benefit of those interested in Advaita and the paths to Self-realisation. This site is the direct replacement for the now closed ramana-maharshi.org, Please do not forget to change your bookmarks.
This free website is my dedication to Arunachala and the great saints and sages who were attracted by it thoughout the ages, including that of my own guru, Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi. It has no connection with anyone who has taken the name of ‘Arunachala Ramana’. Visitors to this site are invited to add their own news and comment pages, however, personal promotion will not be permitted under any circumstances.
This site contains lots of information to help you in your search for the highest truth as exemplified by the great Sages of history. There are publications, photos and video clips, the best of the Upanishads, news items and articles, accommodation information for those wanting to visit Arunachala, general information pages, plus a lot of information that is not hosted on other sites.
There is also some useful content freely available elsewhere, but any material having the sole copyright of others is duly acknowledged with links to the source.
– The Beezone website is my way speaking about the times in which we live and of honoring the Teachings, the Teacher and the Person of Adi Da Samraj. I am not a formal student of Adidam (the formal church of the Way of Adi Da) . The Beezone website is in no way formally connected to that institution. The Beezone (and myself) are known to Adidam but not formally acknowledged.
The genesis of Beezone came from a term Adi Da Samraj uses in his teachings called the Beehive. He equates the function of the Guru to the way bees organize themselves, the hive is the center and the other bees serve the hive. Since I am not of the ‘hive’ but in the zone of it’s influence I chose the term Beezone to represent my relationship to Adidam and Adi Da Samraj.
I intend to use this website to communicate the wisdom of Adi Da and other Great Realizers and Yogis.
Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi, The way for happiness
– Seeking happiness,
– David Godman was born in Stoke-on-Trent, England, in 1953. While he was attending Oxford University in the early 70s he found himself being attracted to the teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi. In 1976 he traveled to India, intending to make a brief visit to Ramana Maharshi’s ashram. He is still there twenty-six years later. After a period of intense meditation that lasted almost two years (1976-8) he started and ran the ashram’s library, leaving it in 1985 to devote himself to writing and research. He has now published eleven books on Ramana Maharshi, his teachings and his direct disciples.
– These websites are the products of the efforts of a very small group of individuals who collaborate in the development of online resources on a strictly voluntary basis. Our resources are only concerned with Tattvavâda (Dvaita), the dualist Vedanta revived by Madhva (1238-1317 CE). It will be necessary to look elsewhere for information about Yoga, Advaita, or other subjects.
These websites are intended to be resources for the serious and the scholarly, and are regarded as being very undeveloped still. As such, we discourage any notion that our sites can serve any large-scale purpose or be used in place of conventional means of learning. Do not look upon our sites as one-stop sources for easy enlightenment. (In fact, we suggest you not look for any such instant gratification, at least not where learning is concerned; note that it would be considered absurd to seek instant knowledge of subjects like chemistry or mathematics through a website—Vedanta is no less intense a subject.)
These sites do not carry advertisements, charge fees, or collect donations, so they generate no revenue whatsoever.
There are certain other kinds of features that our websites could conceivably offer, which we choose not to as a matter of policy. These include matrimonials, personals, and solicitations for funds (even for putative worthy causes), etc. Other resources can be availed of for such ends, and these websites are not meant to be all things to all people—it is our opinion that our work should be strictly confined to the spiritual and academic realms.
– Gitananda is a spiritual non-profit dedicated to the international presentation of the PATH OF LOVE through Eternal, Absolute spiritual principles universally applicable to humanity and to be achieved through personal interviews and spiritual guidance.
Gitananda seeks to empower everyone everywhere with the knowledge and experience of their own Divinity. The foundation stresses the practical application of the Bhagavad Gita’s teachings as well as those of Mirabai. It also encourages individuals to practice the Universal Principals of Truth in their own home, making it a temple and bringing harmony, discipline, devotion, knowledge and love to each family that makes up society.
Gitananda encourages spiritual aspirants to abide by:
Gitananda maintains that finding the Divine within takes self-effort, spiritual study, sincerity and humility. While we may disagree with the outward mechanical rites and social superstitions that have ruined the sanctity of religion and hampered the growth of the spirit of religion, the fundamental principles of religion — namely a deepening awareness of the Divine and compassion for humanity — are never superseded. Rather we are repeatedly reminded of these spiritual laws through divine incarnations such as Mirabai, Buddha, Shri Krishna, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Mahavir, Mohammed, Nanak, Kabir, Narsi Mehta, and Shri Ramakrishna.
Goddess Traditions in India and Tibet
– There is one thing you need to know before you start.
There are many Goddesses. There is one Goddess.
This site is an exploration into the nature of the Goddess. It started as a class, a seminar at Vassar College, “Goddess Traditions in India and Tibet,” taught by E. H. Jarow. You can see the sources we used in the class. It evolved into an exploration of what each member of the class saw as the Goddess, and her many manifestations. As our final project we decided, instead of writing a paper that would simply sit in Professor Jarow’s drawer gathering dust, to write a web page on the subject. Each of us added our own contributions to this page. This website is the work of fifteen very different individuals, and we hope that our own unique insights may add to ideas on the goddess.
– Hindu Rituals & Religion,
History of Hindu Religion,
Vedic Hindu Vivah,
Books written by Shastriji,
Yoga, Tantra & Mantra,
– Welcome, whoever you are, to our little place in cyberspace.
This is an ethnographic exhibition, telling the story of Hinduism. The central idea is to offer you a glimpse of the deep and fundamental thoughts of Hinduism; the philosophy that there is no division between past, present, future, heaven, cosmos and human beings.
To illustrate this issue we use different media like film, sound, pictures and articles. All together they tell a story of daily life in the South of India. And this is the point; www.hindu.dk is not telling the only story about India. It is telling one story, our story.
Most of the material has been collected by Lars Kjaerholm, an
anthropologist who for more than 30 years has studied and analysed South India. We have supplied his material with a number of articles written by Lars Kjaerholm, as well as some written by Kenneth G. Zysk, Heinz Werner Wessler and Kirsten Seeberg.
This project is a cooperation between Moesgaard Museum and Aarhus University.
Hinduism for Schools
– Hinduism has a great deal to offer to the West. Its inherent pluralistic teachings offer the best resolution to the question of how people of different religions can co-exist peacefully in a multi-faith society. Its contemporary interpretation of spirituality makes religious teachings relevant and exciting for the modern youth. The family values promoted in Hinduism offers the crucial cohesive force needed in modern society. The reconciliation between the truth claims of a science oriented worldview and a religiously oriented worldview is essential in this century. Vivekananda centre invokes the findings at the cutting edge of modern sciences to bring about this reconciliation.
– This web site is dedicated
to understanding SANATAN VED DHARMA (Hinduism).
http://www.interfaith.org the world’s largest independent faith website.
– Ancient Wisdom, Vedic Lore, Enlightenment, Lives of Sages Saints and Avatars, Spiritual Profiles – Biography, Teachings and Stories and more.
– Spiritual Disscussions
– The Gold Scales is a rather extensive, family friendly site, rich in content. It contains classic works, and a quite large collection of traditional and modern wisdom, including sayings of avid thinkers, sound art and various extracts. Here are many proverbs, quotations, tales and fables too. That is our main profile.
– OSHO Times
Spiritual How To – Learn Spirituality
– Spiritual How To – Learn Spirituality, information about spirituality
Ratings of spiritual teachers, guidelines for choosing a teacher, reviews of spiritual movies and books, the Spiritual Friends Locator message board, and links to other spiritual sites.
Instead of indulging in mere speculation, devote yourself here and now to the search for the Truth that is ever within you. – Ramana Maharshi
Spirituality is the search for the profound within us. This site is a timesaving guide to one aspect of the spiritual search: the search for a spiritual teacher. We hope this teacher will guide us to the goal: Enlightenment, the Absolute, Truth, Reality, the Self, God, Oneness, Satori, Nirvana — the place we know to be our true Home.
This spiritual search guide is designed to save you time. It is a condensation of my experience in searching for spiritual teachers and systems: the results of my logic and feeling. My search has not been for pleasure or temporary peace. If that is your goal, then you probably won’t like my ratings of teachers that cater to that market. I am drawn to teachers who force me to look within and ask: who am I, where did I come from, and where am I going? To pursue these questions is the greatest adventure of one’s life.
The High Watch, a View of God’s Unfolding Divine Plan
– Free E-book for ALL who are interested in Where they are on their personal spiritual path, How they got there, Where their going and most importantly, WHY?
Many links to and about all things spiritual.
Muhyiddin Ibn ‘Arabi Society
– Mystic, philosopher, poet, sage, Muhammad Ibn ‘Arabi is one of the world’s great spiritual teachers. Ibn ‘Arabi was born in Murcia, Al-Andalus, in 1165 and his writings had an immense impact throughout the Islamic world and beyond. The universal ideas underlying his thought are of immediate relevance today.
The Muhyiddin Ibn ‘Arabi Society was founded in 1977 to promote a greater understanding of the work of Ibn ‘Arabi and his followers. It is an international association with its headquarters in Oxford England and a branch in Berkeley California.
This web site passes on news and announcements of events, and provides information about publications in this field. It has over 100 translations and articles republished from the Society’s Journal and other sources.
Stars on a Dark Night
– The beauty found in the Naqshbandi Sufi Way is
transmitted to us by our divinely inspired living Masters,
Shaykh Muhammad Nazim Adil al-Haqqani
and Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani
who bring hope and light into our hearts in a time
when the world seems especially dark and uncertain.
Sufism, or the ‘Way of the Heart’, contains the spiritual teachings of Islam.. It embraces the journey of our path to God. The expressions of joy and love from a well-nourished spirit often manifest themselves through music, poetry and visual arts. Sufism embraces & encourages these expressions.
“God wants to see more playfulness in your eyes for that is your greatest witness to Him.”
Hafiz-14th century Persian poetic and saint
They are our stars on a dark night.
What is Sufism? : Early Definitions
– Sufism, Sufis, and Sufi Sufism’s Many Paths
Professor Alan Godlas, University of Georgia
ARI – ASHLAG Research Institute Online Kabbalah Education Center
– ARI – ASHLAG Research Institute Online Kabbalah Education Center is a non-profit educational organization that is spreading the wisdom of Kabbalah to accelerate the spiritual development of humanity.
The wisdom of Kabbalah teaches a practical method of attaining the upper world and the source of our existence. By realizing our true purpose in life, man attains perfection, tranquility, unbound enjoyment and the ability to transcend the limitations of time and space while still living in this world.
Rav Michael Laitman, PhD
– Dedicated to publishing modern material on Kabbalah and related topics
– This website contains the complete contents of the 12-volume Jewish Encyclopedia, which was originally published between 1901-1906. The Jewish Encyclopedia, which recently became part of the public domain, contains over 15,000 articles and illustrations.
KETUBAH ART ~ KETUBOT AND ILLUMINATED MANUSCRIPTS by Naomi Teplow
– Shalom and Welcome to Ketubot by Naomi!
For 2000 years, the Ketubah, a Jewish marriage contract, has been a living, vibrant document, marking the joyous occasion of a wedding and the establishment of a new family. The original text, which for centuries served as legal protection in time of trouble, is still in use today, though new, egalitarian texts have been developed to reflect the attitudes and customs of our modern era. From a mostly formal, legal document, the Ketubah has become a more celebratory piece of Jewish art. My Ketubot (plural of Ketubah, i.e. Ketubahs) celebrate love, romance, home, Jewish heritage and our connection to the land of Israel by using strong, vivid colors and intricate designs, rich with detail. Landscapes, architecture, decorative patterns, fruit trees, flowers and animals illuminate the text and express my love for Nature, Art, Jewish tradition and the beauty of my homeland, Israel. I do my own calligraphy to match the printed text and preserve its integrity, and I enjoy working closely with my customers on the text, sharing in the excitement of the upcoming wedding and assuring that the Ketubah is correct according to tradition in every detail. Don’t hesitate to call me and discuss any detail or question you have. It will be my pleasure and privilege to work with you and make my art a part of your joyful day.
Cosmic Lighthouse Metaphysics Magazine
– Cosmic Lighthouse, an online metaphysics magazine, explores spirituality, metaphysics and the new age movement. Our aim is to empower the individual to become the person she or he wants to be. Published monthly in an e-zine format, we reach out to readers from over 150 countries.
Feng Shui Master
– Feng Shui Consultant based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Provides Feng Shui consulting services for residential and commercial properties.
– Welcome to the official website for Peter Sterling and Harp Magic Music, an oasis of magical, angelic harp music for body, mind and spirit. Inspired by beautiful visions of heavenly angels and mystic journeys to exotic lands of the world, Peters unique and distinctive harp sound has touched the hearts and souls of thousands around the world
Indian Horoscope Astrology
– Personalized Indian astrology reading, yearly forecasts, baby names, gem finder and compatibility reports from astrolika.com
– Healing & Therapies Directory (UK)
– Kheper website, over 1500 pages, dedicated to a new esoteric evolutionary paradigm concerning the nature of existence and its infinite metamorphoses, and the transformation of the Earth and the planetary consciousness to a post-singularity state of Supramental (Infinite Truth-Consciousness) divinisation.
Live Vedic Astrology
– Contact expert vedic astrologer, live vedic astrologer, best vedic astrologer, online vedic astrologer for Vedic astrology, vedic astrologer, vedic yagna. Avail vedic astrology services from india based expert vedic astrologer, best vedic astrologer. Contact us at 9193 8259 3603, firstname.lastname@example.org for Live Vedic Astrology, Expert Vedic Astrologer, Online Vedic Yagna, Best Astrologer Vedic.
The Open Mind Center
– The Open Mind Center is the culmination and fulfillment of the lifelong dream of founder and owner Charmaine Taylor. The Open Mind Center offers classes, services, and products including Yoga near John’s Creek, GA. One intention of the center is to honor each person’s journey and help them reach their full potential.
Other Spiritual Links
– From Advaita to Zen, ancient to contemporary, there is something here for everybody.
– The works of Australian spiritual teacher Barry Long (1926-2003)
Global Ecovillage Network
– The Global Ecovillage Network is a global confederation of people and communities that meet and share their ideas, exchange technologies, develop cultural and educational exchanges, directories and newsletters, and are dedicated to restoring the land and living “sustainable plus” lives by putting more back into the environment than we take out.
GEN’s main aim is to support and encourage the evolution of sustainable settlements across the world.
Internet Sacred Text
– Welcome to the largest freely available archive of online books about religion, mythology, folklore and the esoteric on the Internet. The site is dedicated to religious tolerance and scholarship, and has the largest readership of any similar site on the web.
Past Lives and Reincarnation
– Donna Ciaciarella’s website is full of information about her experience over the years of reading past lives. She speaks about karma and reincarnation, gives some case examples of people’s miraculous emotional and physical cures after knowing their past lives. She has been giving readings since 1994.
Peter Russel’s site
– Self-development, creativity, stress management, and sustainable environmental practices
– The Schøyen Collection comprises most types of manuscripts from the whole world spanning over 5000 years. It is the largest private manuscript collection formed in the 20th century.
The whole collection, MSS 1-5381, comprises 13,642 manuscript items, including 2,242 volumes. 6,850 manuscript items are from the ancient period, 3300 BC – 500 AD; 3,851 are from the medieval period, 500 – 1500; and 2,941 are post-medieval. There are manuscripts from 134 different countries and territories in 120 languages and 184 scripts.
Never before has there been formed a collection with such variety geographically, linguistically, textually, and of scripts, writing materials, etc., over such a great span of time as 5 millennia.
Only a few of the largest National libraries have a similar scope, and even they do not own collections of writings on clay, metals, wood, bone, stone, glass, etc., which normally will be in archaeological museums.
A further hallmark of the collection is its strength in very early manuscripts. The first major river valley civilisations of the world are all represented with their earliest evidence of writing c. 3300 BC.
The beginning of script in Europe is represented by bones from France and Spain 4000-3800 BC and the challenging undeciphered Minoan Linear A script from Crete 16th c. BC. Even the New World is represented by divination manuals on stone from Ecuador, ca. 3500-1500 BC, and Australia is represented with cylcons which can be up to 20 000 years old.
The Schøyen Collection thus crosses borders and unites cultures, religions and unique materials found nowhere else.
This is not a catalogue of the collection. A full catalogue will be published in a few years. 75 % of the collection has so far been catalogued.
The present website comprises a selection of digital descriptions of manuscripts with sample images from The Schøyen Collection. The whole collection comprises about 13,600 manuscripts and inscribed objects, of which about 720 are available on the present website. The selection, descriptions and digitalisation are the responsibility of the owner of The Schøyen Collection.
By giving access to parts of unique materials, the present web presentation contributes towards the publication and availability of this internationally important part of the world’s cultural heritage, independently of the physical location of the original objects.
This checklist is a work in progress and is privately maintained.
It is a resource for students, academics, research institutions, publishers and all others with an interest in advancing the study of human culture and civilization, regardless of nationality, race or religion.
The Collection is also a means to preserve and protect for posterity a wide range of written expressions of belief, knowledge and understanding from many different cultures throughout the ages.
– Offering a full range of shamanic tools and services for healing, empowerment, and transformation.
– A great spiritual site
Philosophy and Metaphysics
– The EpistemeLinks project started in early 1997. As of late 2006 the site has nearly 20,000 well-categorized links to philosophy resources on the Internet, plus several other special features.
The site averages around 7,000 visitors per day, and is widely used by philosophy professors and students at all levels, as well as those in the broader philosophical community. There is no charge to use the site, nor does it require user registration of any kind.
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
– The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy was founded in 1995 for the purpose of providing detailed, scholarly information on key topics and philosophers in all areas of philosophy. The IEP is free of charge and available to all internet users world wide. The present staff of 25 editors and approximately 200 authors hold doctorate degrees and are professors at colleges and universities around the world, most notably from the United States, Great Britain, and Australia. The submission and review process of articles is the same as that with printed philosophy journals, books and reference works. The authors are specialists in the areas in which they write, and are frequently leading authorities. Submissions are peer reviewed by specialists according to strict criteria.
– The topics treated have emerged as relevant to a number of interconnected themes which are briefly listed in the pull down menu on this page and elsewhere as a single document. These themes are associated in one way or another with how what kinds of information are used in response to the challenges of world problems, appropriate strategies, and to what end — and how such information is best to be organized in an emerging knowledge society. One publication that is an outcome of these preoccupations is the Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential, now accessible online. Many of the commentaries in that publication are adapted from papers on this site.
– The mission of The The Mnemosyne Foundation is to bring to the arena of information available to the public at large image rich texts and exhibitions that explore the nature of culture, talent, and individual creativity in the hope that such explorations become a ‘map’ for the lay person to the treasury of knowledge and experience held in the field of studies we call the Humanities. Our presence will be an Internet Website environment guided by the parameters of academe. Our format falls somewhere between university level lectures and a specialized professional journal. Access to the Website is free, and navigation is aimed to be as straightforward and user friendly as allowable by the nature of our task. As the Website evolves, more and more essays will become available to our visitors in audio versions as well.
Paideia Project On-Line
– Welcome to the homepage of the Paideia Project On-Line. Here you have access to the nearly 1000 papers presented at the Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy, and also order the 12 print volumes from the Philosophy Documentation Center. You can also order the latest publication of the Paiedeia Project from Rowman & Littlefield, namely, Educating for Democracy: Paideia in an Age of Uncertainty. To keep abreast of the latest additions to our site, visit the What’s New? page.
Philosophy and Religion
– The Perennial Philosophy,
The Christs of Faith,
Commentary on the,
Constructive Criticisms Of and Commentaries On The Institutional Church,
Living Issues in Ethics,
Living Issues in Philosophy,
Textbooks, Books and Papers
Philosophy Pages . . . from Garth Kemerling
– This site offers helpful information for students of the Western philosophical tradition. The elements you will find on this site include:
The Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names.
A survey of the History of Western Philosophy.
A Timeline for the intellectual figures discussed here.
Detailed discussion of several major Philosophers
Summary treatment of the elementary principles of Logic
A generic Study Guide for students of philosophy.
Links to other philosophy Sites on the Internet.
An opportunity to download the entire site for personal use.
A simple menu appears at the top of each page of this site, and since all of these documents are heavily interlinked with each other, it should be easy to pursue alternate paths through their content. Material from other Internet sites will always appear in a different browser window, so you won’t lose your place in Philosophy Pages.
Visitors are welcome to browse and to make fair use of the copyrighted text found on these pages. When in doubt about the appropriateness of a contemplated use, please apply the principles stated in Peter Suber’s excellent comments on copyright. If you quote anything directly in another setting, please include a complete citation in an appropriate form, and remember to check out the academic credentials of the author.
– You can find information concerning the world’s most famous philosophers.
Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
– Welcome to REP Online – your dynamic online resource for researching, teaching and studying in the philosophy arena and related disciplines. The online version of Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy builds on the success of the original by providing that invaluable combination for a reference work; top quality content combined with the full searchability and accessibility of the Internet.
The result is a site that offers an unprecedented level of access to top quality content. Add to this our program of new additions, links to the best philosophy elsewhere on the web and news on the latest global research philosophy research projects, and it becomes clear that REP Online is a philosophy reference resource second to none.
A general historical reference page, subdivided into periods and special themes.
nations, states and politics
A page devoted to politics and the study of political
theory, especially as concerns nations and nationalism.
For those who love languages and the study thereof.
A page on futurism, the theoretical study of the future.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
– Welcome to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP). From its inception, the SEP was designed so that each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the field. All entries and substantive updates are refereed by the members of a distinguished Editorial Board before they are made public. Consequently, our dynamic reference work maintains academic standards while evolving and adapting in response to new research. You can cite fixed editions that are created on a quarterly basis and stored in our Archives (every entry contains a link to its complete archival history, identifying the fixed edition the reader should cite). The Table of Contents lists entries that are published or assigned. The Projected Table of Contents also lists entries which are currently unassigned but nevertheless projected.
The Proceedings of the Friesian School
– Taking up again the tradition of the Friesian School, this is a non-peer-reviewed electronic journal and archive of philosophy, inaugurated on line July 6, 1996, four years before the end of the 20th Century, just as the brilliant, courageous, prolific, and little appreciated German philosopher Leonard Nelson (1882-1927) started his Abhandlungen der Fries’schen Schule, Neue Folge, attempting a “Reformation of Philosophy,” four years after the beginning of the 20th Century.
The essays at this site, addressing many philosophical, historical, scientific, religious, economic, legal, and political issues, range from the fully annotated and technical to more informal and discursive discussions, often originally written for undergraduate classes. Many items therefore should be intelligible to those not familiar with all the arcana of academic philosophy, or with academic philosophy at all. This is done deliberately, since the trend, by which philosophy has obscured and esotericized itself and mostly dropped out of popular and literate culture, should be resisted. Work of a similar range, with the appropriate philosophical orientation and grounding, is acceptable and desired.
– History and Culture in Ancient Athens
African American History
– The Center of Traditional Taoist Studies is a non-profit 501(C)(3) religious organization committed to promoting Taoist ideas and practices. Our mission is to make available unambiguous teachings in Taoist philosophy, physical arts, and religion; and to further instruct individuals in ancient practical techniques that improve health and inspire contentment in everyday life.
– Taoism.net is proud to present the writings of Jos Slabbert, our most remarkable teacher focusing on Tao spirituality and philosophy!
Theosophy and Fourth Way
– This site is the work of Daniel Hindes. He built this site because he was tired of reading false and misleading information about Rudolf Steiner on the Internet. The entire contents represent his personal opinions, and not necessarily the official views of any other person, group or society. He takes full personal and moral responsibility for what he writes, and welcomes comments.
– A Fourth Way group based on the teachings of Gurdjieff
Gurdjieff International Review
– Welcome to the Gurdjieff International Review—a source of informed essays and commentary on the history, writings, and teachings of George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff. Mr. Gurdjieff was an extraordinary man, a master in the truest sense. His teachings speak to our most essential questions: Who am I? Why am I here? What is the purpose of life, and of human life in particular? As a young man, Gurdjieff relentlessly pursued these questions and became convinced that practical answers lay within ancient traditions. Through many years of searching and practice he discovered answers and then set about putting what he had learned into a form understandable to the Western world. Gurdjieff maintained that, owing to the abnormal conditions of modern life, we no longer function in a harmonious way. He taught that in order to become harmonious, we must develop new faculties—or actualize latent potentialities—through “work on oneself.” He presented his teachings and ideas in three forms: writings, music, and movements which correspond to our intellect, emotions, and physical body.
Gurdjieff ‘s Teaching
– Essays, Lectures, and Reviews
– Who was Gurdjieff?
What did he teach?
Dances and Movements,
The Man and the Literature,
Chronology of Gurdjieff’s Life.
– Movements Foundation’s view
on Gurdjieff’s work
Welcome to the website of the Movements Foundation, a foundation dedicated to work according to Gurdjieff’s teaching, music and Movements. I would like to present to you our basic view.
The Rudolf Steiner Archive
– The Rudolf Steiner Archive offers summaries of his books, a catalogue of holdings, many different listings of his lectures (over 6000). We have virtually all of his books in German and English (some in French and Spanish, too!), and hundreds of lectures, articles and essays for interested readers to contemplate. If nothing else, the topics covered here should make you think — and that is good. We are a research facility … an oasis of thought … an adventure in Spiritual Science.
– Discussion forums on yoga
Yoga of Truth
– Thanks for visiting ! May the happy truth of your true being, your real you, ever be close.
This site is dedicated to the yoga of true knowledge or jnana yoga, as well as to the book called “The Yoga of Truth”, which describes it.
This site contains quotes from the book on a variety of subjects : truth, illusion, the self, happiness, love & desire, meditation and enlightenment. These quotes are meant for contemplation and should be read slowly.
Also available are free teaching video clips and a sample chapter on who You really are.
Yoga Teacher Training India
– Ashiyana is a tropical retreat centre located on the beautiful and unspoilt Mandrem Beach in Goa, India.
Avesta – Zoroastrian Archives
– We provide the complete text of the extant Avesta, the most ancient scriptures of Zoroastrianism, as well as many Pahlavi scriptures. It also includes information about the Avestan language, and other useful information for students of Zoroastrian religion. Most of the texts in these archives are extremely rare.
– Iran Zamin
contains personal views on the history of Iran in comparison with other ancient countries and information on Persia for those interested to learn about our heritage.
Iranian Studies At Harvard University
– Iranian Studies At Harvard University
– The Zarathushtrian Assembly is a non-profit, non-political religious corporation incorporated in California in 1990. It was established with the aim of studying and disseminating information on the Divine Message of Zarathushtra and promoting the Zarathushtrian Fellowship.
The founding of the Assembly is not a protestant, sectarian, or denominational movement, a separatist move to split apart from an existing body. The Assembly has been formed as an organization, an authority which does not identify itself with Zoroastrianism as an “ethnic entity”. It lies outside the closed communal religious fold of the people generally known as traditionalist or orthodox Zoroastrians.
Nevertheless, the Assembly is a Zarathushtrian organization, simply because it precisely follows Zarathushtra. It has, in theory and practice, restored the religion of Good Conscience to its Gathic purity and Zarathushtrian universality. It reserves the religious, constitutional, and legal rights to call itself and its members by the name “Zarathushtrian” and any of its variants – Zarathushti, Zartoshti, Zoroastrian, Mazdayasni, and Behdin.
The Gathas are the only guide in life for the members of the Assembly. Other Gathic texts are of explanatory importance. Its ceremonies, led by its own officiants, are based on the Gathic texts. All other parts of the Avesta and Pahlavi have their ethical, historical, geographical, and anthropological values and there is an accepted place for them outside the doctrinal scripture: the Gathic texts.
The Assembly teaches, preaches, and practices the religion of Good Conscience. It delivers the Divine Message of Zarathushtra to all who wish to listen to it. It does not “convert” people. The Good Religion is a religion of personal choice. Membership of the “Zarathushtrian Assembly is open to all who, of their own individual accord and after full consideration and conviction, choose the religion of Good Conscience and wish to belong to its World Fellowship.
Any person who has, after due consideration, chosen to adhere to the divine doctrine proclaimed by Zarathushtra in his guiding songs, the Gathas, who understands and practices the Primal Principles of Life aimed at promoting and advancing the living world, and who calls himself or herself a Zarathushtrian, is a Zarathushtrian in his or her individual capacity—individual because it is an individual choice. But once the choice is made, then he or she is advised to join the fellowship of the people of the same choice who form a community.
To join the Zarathushtrian Assembly as a community member and enjoy all the rights provided by the Constitution and Bylaws of the Assembly, such a person will have to perform the “Initiation” ceremony in which he or she declares his or her choice of the religion, and then apply and become a member. The Zarathushtrian Assembly recognizes the initiation (navjote or sadreh pooshi) ceremony of a person who is a Zarathushtrian, either by free choice or birth and upbringing and who had it performed earlier, as valid.
Those who are interested in the Good Religion, and those who, for certain reasons, are not in a position to be initiated, may associate themselves with the Assembly by becoming “friends.” Friends can participate in all Assembly activities with the exception of elections and being elected to administrative positions.
The Zarathushtrian Assembly belongs to the knowledgeable persons who are sincerely committed to the good, Gathic religion of the Mâñthran, the thought-provoker, Righteous Zarathushtra. All are welcome to participate in or witness its activities.
The Assembly respects all other religious organizations, Zoroastrian or otherwise. It recognizes, as a part of its conviction, that all religions of past and present are great, good, and beautiful. It extends its hand of friendship to all.
The Zarathushtrian Assembly invites the desirous to join it as it seeks to live the Teachings of Zarathushtra as actually taught by the Master himself. Inspired by the world-transformative message of the Gathas, Assembly members are putting into practice the teachings, ideals and aspirations of Zarathushtra.
As Zarathushtrians, they live fully in accord with the genuine teachings of Zarathushtra as recorded solely in the Gathas. Towards this goal, they pledge themselves, theirs all.
Health and Nutrition
Chinese Herbs Direct
– Chinese and Ayurvedic Herbs Direct – Save up to 50% on Chinese and Ayurvedic herbs, formulas and teas
All Natural Homeopathic Medicine Store
– We Carry Many Natural Homeopathic Medicines, Supplements, Treatments, and Remedies. Find Good Quality Homeopathic Products That Improve Important Body Functions and Organs.
– Visit DrVita, your premier online store for all the best in discounted natural probiotics, diet pills and vitamins. Get free shipping and great prices now.
Eat Greek Food Tonight!
– If you love greek food…
and wish to enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, my recipe pages will fill your kitchen with the aromas of this delightful cuisine.
Hahnemann Laboratories, Inc
– Our specific mission is to provide the highest quality homeopathic medicines available for the relief of human suffering from disease.
– Books and articles on homeopathy.
The Green Pharmacy
– Welcome to The Green Pharmacy
We are highly selective of the remedies we carry and recommend. Our policy is simple: if the health claims cannot be backed with science, we won’t consider the product, period!
Based on our research and actual experience, we have specialized in a few of the most effective, highest quality remedies and nutritional health supplements available. While we may not have all of a company’s product line listed, we do carry them. If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please ask us!
We offer these products direct to you at the lowest price possible.
The Green Pharmacy is not a large, automated, impersonal monolith. Our online natural health supplements shop is an extension of our real-life store — if you are near us or are coming to the North Carolina beaches for vacation, we’d love for you to stop by. We have been offering quality professional supplements to our clients since 1996.
We pride ourselves on service and we welcome your questions. Our desire is to offer you the assistance you need.
We actually stock the products we list on our site. We do sometimes drop ship instead of sending from our location because of quantity ordered, closeness to your location for faster delivery, or temporarily being out of stock and not desiring to hold up your order. We do our own processing and shipping; this enables us to normally fulfill your order within 36 hours. We try to ship the same day we receive your order if at all possible.
About The Green Pharmacy
Thegreenpharmacy.com is the result of years of “hands-on” experience in the complementary health field. There are so many supplements that are available and they are not all appropriate for everyone. Unfortunately, many of the products on the market are of a lesser quality and do not perform as advertised. The dilemma that most of us encounter is how do we distinguish the good from the bad. We try to make the decision making process easier by providing access to quality products.
We are a real store, not just an online site. We welcome your visit and would love to meet you. Our physical address is:
803 S. College Road,
Suite D Wilmington, NC 28403
About Joe Carr, N.D.
Joe has 30 years experience as a counselor, 20 years spent in pastoral counseling and the last 10 years spent in the field of integrative health. He holds a doctorate in naturopathy from the Trinity College of Natural Health.
Additional education includes earning a B.A. in Religion and History from Freed-Hardeman University, a M.A. in Cross-Cultural Communications and a M.Th. in Old Testament from the Harding University Graduate School of Religion, a M.A. in Integrative Health and Medicine from the Capitol University of Integrative Medicine and a Ph.D. in pastoral counseling from the American College of Metaphysical Theology.
Joe lived for seven years in northeastern Brazil and has studied native folk medicine and the use of herbs and plants from the Amazon. He has seen first hand the curative power of herbal medicine through personal health challenges while living in Brazil. He has pursued an interest in folk medicine in the interior desert region called the sertao in the Brazilian state of Ceara.
He is certified as a nutritional microscopist and holds certification in medical microscopy through the Bradford Research Institute.
As a practicing, traditional naturopath, Joe adheres to the tenets of naturopathy.
Home and Garden
Moncler outlet Store
– Why Hepburn between Cheap Moncler Jackets ordinary a Cheap Moncler Jackets nd noble walk through it? Mon Moncler Outle cler Outle She said ordinary moncler outlet online shop is extraordinary because she was a good Moncler Coats Sale soul, in his later years serv moncler outlet online shop ed as UNICEF’s special envoy, in this position, she organizes concerts and
– Introducing GardenVoices – where you’ll find highlights of gardening blogs, news sources, and other advice. Check it out today (and tomorrow too!); GardenWeb Forums – you name it, chances are we’re talking about it! – The Garden Exchange Searching for that special plant or have one to trade? You’re in the right place.; HortiPlex
Database – Need information on a specific plant? Let HortiPlex find it for you!
Botanical Terms. Over 4400 terms on botany, gardening, horticulture and landscape and architecture.
Human Flower Project
– The Human Flower Project is an international newsgroup, photo album and discussion of the connection between people and flowers.
I am a writer in Austin, TX. Working on a book about Texas flower customs, I began the weblog in September 2004, with help from dear friends and two wizards at pmachine.com, Leslie and Chris. Coming from a background in sociology, literature, and journalism, my primary flower interests run along those lines. What are your interests? Making daily posts, I want to share this space with anyone who has observations, photos or stories about how the lives of people and flowers intersect.
Please post comments (it’s easy) or send submissions of photos and/or commentary to Julie@humanflowerproject.com
From the mourners of a Neanderthal man buried with flowers in 60,000 B.C.. to today’s megawatt floral designers on HGTV, people have turned to flowers out of anxiety, necessity and joy.
By studying flowers, we look into human emotion and value. Since the flower trade is global, and has been for centuries, by following the circuit of plants across the world, we track international relations and economics.
Seeing how artists represent flowers, we re-experience what it is to be living temporarily, alongside life in many forms different from ourselves.
– The Connexions approach
Connexions is an environment for collaboratively developing, freely sharing, and rapidly publishing scholarly content on the Web. Our Content Commons contains educational materials for everyone — from children to college students to professionals — organized in small modules that are easily connected into larger collections or courses. All content is free to use and reuse under the Creative Commons “attribution” license.
Content should be modular and non-linear
Most textbooks are a mass of information in linear format: one topic follows after another. However, our brains are not linear – we learn by making connections between new concepts and things we already know. Connexions mimics this by breaking down content into smaller chunks, called modules, that can be linked together and arranged in different ways. This lets students see the relationships both within and between topics and helps demonstrate that knowledge is naturally interconnected, not isolated into separate classes or books.
Sharing is good
Why re-invent the wheel? When people share their knowledge, they can select from the best ideas to create the most effective learning materials. The knowledge in Connexions can be shared and built upon by all because it is reusable:
technologically: we store content in XML, which ensures that it works on multiple computer platforms now and in the future.
legally: the Creative Commons open-content licenses make it easy for authors to share their work – allowing others to use and reuse it legally – while still getting recognition and attribution for their efforts.
educationally: we encourage authors to write each module to stand on its own so that others can easily use it in different courses and contexts. Connexions also allows instructors to customize content by overlaying their own set of links and annotations. Please take the Connexions Tour and see the many features in Connexions.
Collaboration is encouraged
Just as knowledge is interconnected, people don’t live in a vacuum. Connexions promotes communication between content creators and provides various means of collaboration. Collaboration helps knowledge grow more quickly, advancing the possibilities for new ideas from which we all benefit.
– A professional writer is able to make student’s life easier. Our writers can fix all steps with your writing process.
Epona International Study Center
– At the dawn of the 21st century, horses are breaking out of their roles as beasts of burden, yet they’re far from obsolete. As horses are no longer required to work in our fields and carry us to war, they’re doing something arguably more important: working on us.
Founded in 1997 by author, lecturer and horse trainer Linda Kohanov, Epona Equestrian Services has received international attention for horse training and breeding innovations, as well as educational programs that employ horses in teaching people leadership, assertiveness, personal empowerment, relationship, intuition, and emotional fitness skills.
Amateur and professional equestrians, families, counselors, artists, educators, and business leaders travel from around the world to attend workshops and private sessions with the Epona herd. Since 2002, Kohanov and her staff have also trained over 150 Approved Instructors who now offer Epona-based programs on five continents. Manybooks
– Hi, my name is Matthew McClintock, and I maintain manybooks.net as a service to the internet community at large. If you would like to contact me please use this form.
Updates and information about the working of this site are chronicled in the Site News section.
All of the eBooks from manybooks.net are free, however donations toward the maintenance of the site are welcome.
Many of the etexts are from the November, 2003 Project Gutenberg DVD, which contains the entire Project Gutenberg archives except for the Human Genome Project and audio eBooks, due to size limitations, and the Project Gutenberg of Australia eBooks, due to copyright. As of July 2004 most current PG texts are available here, usually within the week of release. There are also public domain and creative commons works from other sources.
Zip archives are stored in the same directory structure as on the DVD, with Author, Title, and related information stored in a MySQL database. Pages are built with PHP and served using the Apache webserver. The server is a 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac mini running Mac OS X 10.4.
eBooks are generated on demand using a variety of tools, and cached for future readers – which means that the first time anyone requests an eBook in a particular format it will take a bit longer to deliver, but the next time that eBook is requested it will be sent immediately.
– MIT OpenCourseWare
OCW is a free publication of course materials
used at MIT.
Get lecture notes, problem sets, labs
Watch lecture videos and demonstrations.
Study a wide variety of subjects.
Open of Course
– Free and Open Content Courses and Tutorials
Knowledge is there to be shared
Open-Of-Course is a multilingual community portal for free online courses and tutorials. By “free” we not only mean free as in “free beer” but also published as open content. The focus is on educational information where people can benefit of in daily life.
Most of the courses offered here at the moment are related to computers, internet and learning languages. In the future we hope to offer more content on things like getting a job, business, hobbies, earning or saving money, self improvement, etc. Open-Of-Course is based on Moodle, an open source electronic learning environment (ELO). Our portal is free for everyone to use. It is financed by advertisements and donations.
Yale University Library
– The Yale University Library, as one of the world’s leading research libraries, collects, organizes, preserves, and provides access to and services for a rich and unique record of human thought and creativity. It fosters intellectual growth and supports the teaching and research missions of Yale University and scholarly communities worldwide. A distinctive strength is its rich spectrum of resources, including approximately thirteen million volumes and information in all media, ranging from ancient papyri to early printed books to electronic databases. The Library is engaging in numerous projects to expand access to its physical and digital collections. Housed in twenty-two buildings including the Sterling Memorial Library, the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, and the new Bass Library, it employs a dynamic and diverse staff of nearly six hundred who offer innovative and flexible services to library readers.